Educators and families of English language learners will find useful tools in the Web Resources section of this bilingual site.
- Sign up for daily activities and tips to help kids to play and learn at home at PBSKids.
- Visit PBS LearningMedia for FREE standards-aligned videos, interactives, lesson plans, curated by PBS and your local station for PreK-high school teachers.
- PBS LearningMedia Between the Lions, is a video series that helps kids “Get Wild About Reading!” Their special collection provides a set of early Reading/Language Arts resources, organized by early elementary and preschool literacy skills.
Trusted science news source, Science Friday partners with educators and scientists to create free STEM activities, lessons, and resources for all learners. Build background knowledge and media literacy! Starfall Education’s Parent-Teacher Center has a wealth of free resources including word and picture cards, activities, and lesson plans. ReadWorks.org is providing remote learning resources for educators and for families. As part of their nonprofit mission, ReadWorks platform and materials are completely FREE. Free Rice, a United Nations World Food Programme word-learning site, donates 10 free grains of rice for every correct answer! Vocabulary.com is a word-learning site for older students.
Storytelling and Other Fun
- Storyline Online, the SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s award-winning children’s literacy website streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations. It offers teacher and parent guides for follow-up activities.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art #MetKids was made for, with, and by kids. Peruse the collection, travel in the time machine, explore geography, and investigate big ideas!
- Lunch Doodles with acclaimed children’s author and Kennedy Center Education Artist in Residence Mo Willems is streamed live on weekdays at 1 pm. from the safety of his studio.
- 12 Famous Museums Offer Virtual Tours You Can Take on Your Couch while staying safe, building background knowledge, and bringing beauty into your home.
Power Up What Works offers teachers resources, strategies, and practical tips to personalize instruction with technology to meet the needs of struggling students. It provides administrators with the tools necessary to build an effective, school-wide technology infrastructure.
- The Florida Center for Reading Research provides student center literacy activities.
- Teachers familiar with Reading A-Z can check out their decodable books, lessons, and materials.
- The Specific Learning Difficulties Association of South Australia offers free digital or printable decodable texts with rapid recognition charts and worksheets as well as Let’s Talk Together Language Cards with oral language activities.