Closing The Opportunity Gap in America
Literacy is the language of opportunity, but many children struggle with learning how to read. When these challenges are not addressed, children are left behind.
The research-based Literacy How approach to teaching reading is proving that we can do much better… so that no child is left behind and every child can succeed. Join us in our Professional Learning Series and learn about our proven framework for success. Please share these videos with your colleagues, our goal is to help as many teachers, administrators, and students as possible!
The Literacy How Approach
In this kick-off webinar, you’ll learn about:
- the researched, proven Literacy How framework that addresses and integrates the core elements of literacy – phonemic awareness, phonics, syntax, vocabulary, and comprehension
- how school administrators and teachers are successfully bringing this approach to schools throughout their districts
- how these strategies are effective for helping emerging and struggling readers whatever their age
- how this framework, these practices, and activities work within the context of your existing literacy and core reading programs.
Phonemic Awareness & Phonics
In this detailed webinar, you’ll learn:
- The importance of explicit, systematic instruction in Phonemic Awareness (PA) and Phonics
- An in-depth look at Literacy How favorite activities for PA and Phonics
- The role of text—code-emphasis and authentic—in the early stages of learning to read.
To purchase Literacy How’s Professional Learning series book Phonemic Awareness & Phonics, please visit Amazon.com
In this issue-focused webinar, you’ll learn about:
- The five big ideas underpinning reading comprehension instruction
- An in-depth look at favorite Literacy How activities for two of the big ideas
- The importance of text analysis to focus on the language processing demands of text.
To purchase Literacy How’s Professional Learning series book Comprehension: Knowledge to Practice, please visit Amazon.com.
This free webinar focuses on:
- The role that syntax plays in reading fluency and comprehension
- An in-depth look at favorite Literacy How activities for teaching sentence building and meaning links
- The importance of making a match between what the students know & what the text offers to support syntactic awareness.
To purchase Literacy How’s Professional Learning series book Syntax: Knowledge to Practice, please visit Amazon.com.
This free webinar focuses on:
- The importance of word selection for improving students’ vocabulary knowledge
- An in-depth look at favorite Literacy How activities for semantic and morphological classification
- The use of the word selection grid as a tool for analyzing the text.
To purchase Literacy How’s Professional Learning series book Vocabulary: Knowledge to Practice, please visit Amazon.com.
If you have any questions at all about any of the material covered in the webinars, please contact us!
Are you interested in learning more about our professional development, coaching, or comprehensive reading evaluation services? We’re happy to help!
Please complete and submit the form.
phone: 203-239-7323 (READ)
address: 101 Merritt Blvd, Suite 210, Trumbull, CT 06611